The Village Agent scheme is run by the Community Council for Somerset (CCS) in response to the fact that many people living in rural communities have difficulty in accessing key services and support that help maintain well being and quality of life.
- Do you live alone and need help with a problem that is spoiling your everyday life?
- Do you have a problem that can be fixed by accessing the right people or agencies?
- Are you a carer that needs a little help and support?
- Are you new to living alone and need some advice?
- Does your community have a collective problem that needs a kick-start to solve?
All advice is free and completely confidential, no matter how small.
Village Agents are local people employed on a part-time basis to become trusted members of their communities and a valuable resource.
Community Council for Somerset
Community Council for Somerset (CCS) is an independent charity founded in 1926.
The Community Council for Somerset’s mission is to support action in local communities.
We aim to do this through supporting communities to achieve their goals by encouraging social inclusion and engagement, helping them to identify local needs and empowering them to improve their quality of life. Sharing best practice and working collaboratively strengthens our well established networks to maximise effectiveness.
CCS Website: www.somersetrcc.org.uk
Find out who we are and what we do by visiting our website for news and events, publications, funding information and links to other useful organisations. If you would like to support the work of CCS, you can join our membership scheme.
Victoria House, Victoria Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 3JZ Tel: 01823 331222.