Accessibility statement for the Kilve Village website, https://kilvevillage.uk/
This website is hosted by Somerset Council with content administered by representatives of Kilve Parish Council, Kilve Village Hall and other local organisations. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some animated link buttons are not navigable via keyboard. However, all pages are reachable via the menu bar
- Some older documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
- Some images do not have good alternative text
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format contact the clerk on:
or call 07910 706916
Details we will need:
- your name and email address
- the web address (URL) of the content
- the format you need, for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the clerk on:
or call 07910 706916
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Visiting us in person
Meetings are normally held in our village hall which has an audio induction loop
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Kilve Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- The Search box and button does not have an accessible name
- Some images do not have alternative text
- Some link buttons do not have text content
- Some text has low contrast against the background
- Some form elements do not have associated labels
This statement was prepared on 2nd July 2023
The website was tested using WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools (https://wave.webaim.org/) and the website Accessibility Checker (https://www.accessibilitychecker.org/)